Thursday 16 October 2014

Throwback Pre Wedding Moments

I still remember the hectic-excitement when I was preparing my pre wedding photo shoot. From looking for ideas, vendors, dresses, make up artist, properties, and stuff. I contacted a few vendors that suits my fancy. Of course every girl wants the best, but since some vendors have a pricey price list, I gotta be smart and selective. 

Well, in this particular case, you got what you paid for. I lived in a small town in Bengkulu, and there is a vendor that only demanded IDR 1.000k for their services. And for me, it wasn't good enough considered those photos will be an important life-events reminder.
There is also an A-list vendor that impressed me with their work yet I couldn't afford their price. Even if I could, I wouldn't pay IDR 100.000k for only two sessions photo shoot including the plane tickets and accommodation for the crews. Just imagine donating those money to orphanage or charity would really help, right?

So, short story, I and my ex-fiancé (now husband :p) decided to go to wedding expo in Jakarta, and then I found "Viure Photography". It literally was like love at a first sight. (Hahaha, such a silly parable). Because, they have several packages and promotions with affordable prices and the photo result really suits my fancy.

We decided to take the photo shoots in Singapore. And I was so excited! The package that I chosen includes two plane tickets for the photographer and make up artist, also their accommodation. Which means I didn't have to pay for their plane tickets and hotel room. They also recommended a gown rental that they've been working with since years before. It is "Andy and Soyer Wardrobe" located in Rawamangun, Jakarta. And yes, the collections of Andy and Soyer are indeed gorgeous! I spent about IDR 4.000k for two stunning dresses.

I can still remember how excited I was, I couldn't even sleep and I only slept on the plane for like two hours. Yes, my eyes became puffy and there was dark circle around it. Hahaha

-Day 1-
We arrived at Changi International Airport Singapore at 10 a.m. Then rushed to the hotel to check in and got prepared. After a quick wardrobe meeting, we took the cab to Singapore Chinese Garden Lake. One thing about Singapore, you should wear something comfortable because you have to walk to get to anywhere. Well you know, ladies, I may be pictured in 5 inches high heels, but when I walk, I put my flip-flops right away. Hihihi.
In front of the pagoda


At first it was awkward to be photographed by stranger. But Mas Adi "the photographer" was so supple and easy to work with. He also complimented me for my elegant body language in front of the camera. Muehehehe. (Of course, I had been practicing a couple times before the photo shoot. Still, it was flattering. Thank you, mas :p)

After an hour or two, we moved to Marina Barrage by cab.
It was my first time visiting Singapore. Unluckily the weather wasn't friendly. It was cloudy and windy, also we heard the sirens scream, warned us about the sea storm. But the shoots went smoothly and enjoyable.


This was taken at Marina Barrage at night overviewing The Singapore Flyer



To be continued...






No comments:

Post a Comment